If your loved one’s death was the result of someone acting irresponsibly or negligently, Louisiana’s personal injury law permits certain family members – spouses, children, parents or other relatives – to file a lawsuit against the responsible party for damages including but not limited to:
- Pain and suffering experienced by a loved one prior to the untimely death
- Suffering and grief experienced by spouse, children or parents
- Loss of spousal companionship
- Loss of parental guidance for children
- Lost wages that would have been earned during the decedent’s lifetime
- Expenses for medical care prior to the death
- Expenses for your loved one’s funeral and burial
The attorneys at Burgos and Associates know that money can never replace the loss of a family member or spouse, but it can ease the financial burdens associated with that loss.
If you are unsure about your case or simply have questions regarding wrongful death, call the attorneys at Burgos and Associates today at (504) 488-3722 or fill out the contact form below to schedule your free consultation.