Family-based immigration is the most common form of obtaining lawful U.S. permanent residency, which is more commonly known as a “Green Card.” A “Green Card” gives you permanent legal status in the United States and which grants you the right to live and work in the United States without the time restrictions imposed by temporary nonimmigrant status.
There are two types of family visas available for eligible sponsors:
Immediate Relative Immigrant Visas
Immediate Relative Immigrant Visas can only be applied for by a U.S. citizen and are meant for those who are immediate relatives of the individual (spouses, children, adopted children, and parents).
The Immediate Relative Immigrant Visas are:
- IR-1: Spouse
- IR-2: Children who are unmarried and under 21
- IR-3: Orphans who are adopted abroad
- IR-4: Orphans adopted in the U.S.
- IR-5: Parents
Family Preference Immigrant Visas
The Family Preference Immigrant Visas are:
- F1: Unmarried children of U.S. citizens and their minor children
- F2: Spouses, minor children, and unmarried children of lawful permanent residents
- F3: Married children of U.S. citizens, and their spouses and minor children
- F4: Siblings of U.S. citizens, and their spouses and minor children
At Burgos and Associates, we understand how important it is to bring your loved ones to the United States as quickly and efficiently as possible. Call Burgos and Associates today at (504) 488-3722 or fill out the contact form below to schedule a confidential consultation.